Friends of the Orangeville Public Library
The Friends of the Orangeville Public Library strive to preserve and strengthen the Orangeville Public Library and to create awareness and appreciation of Library services.
Who Are We?
Friends are people who support us, encourage us and care about us. Our friends make us the best we can be. The Friends of Orangeville Public Library are people just like you who care about their Library. We advocate on behalf of the Library at every opportunity and support the Library through fundraising events, sponsoring programs and by providing volunteer time. We are a not-for-profit volunteer group. We increase awareness of the Library within the community.
Click here for Friends of the Orangeville Public Library - Executive
How The Friends Help
- Advocate for the Library in the community
- Raise funds for the Library's collections, programs and services
- Assist with Library special events such as the Orangeville Blues & Jazz and the Literacy Challenge
- Plan events such as the Halloween Harvest Celebration Book & Bake Sale, and the Orangeville Farmers' Market
Benefits of Joining The Friends
- Feel great about supporting Orangeville's most essential resource for literacy, research and lifelong learning
- Provides you with an opportunity to volunteer your time, talents and skills
- Meet with other book-minded people and people interested in community culture
- A great opportunity to give back to the community and make a difference
How to Become a Member
Call the Library at 519-941-0610, email or complete the membership form contained within The Friends' Brochure (available in print at both library locations). Return the completed form to either Library location.
Membership fees are paid annually as follows: $10 per person; $5 for students and seniors;
Click here for Friends of the Orangeville Public Library - Membership Brochure.
Find Out More...
For more information please visit the Library, or:
- About the Library
- Books & More
- Hours & Locations
- Information Services
- Library Services
- Programs & Events