Download Audio & eBooks!
At Home or On-the-Go!
Orangeville Public Library is proud to offer you hundreds of popular and classic audiobooks and eBooks, accessible 24/7 from your home computer. This collection is brought to you by the Ontario Ministry of Tourism and Culture, through Southern Ontario Library Service (SOLS) and Ontario Library Service-North (OLS-North). The collection covers a wide range of genres and includes juvenile and young adult titles.
Download Audiobooks or eBooks Now!
Click on the following link to go directly to the Ontario Library Service Download Centre.
Getting started is easy! There are more detailed guides, as well as FAQs and OverDrive Help available on the Ontario Library Service Download Centre website.
1. Click on the Ontario Library Service Download Centre link above to visit the download website.
2. Once you are there, download and install the free software, OverDrive Media Console for audiobooks or Adobe Digital Editions for eBooks. You only need to download this the first time.
3. Back on the download centre website, browse the collection and add titles to your cart. You may download a title if there are available copies. Titles remain in your cart for only one hour, then they are returned to the virtual shelf if you have not checked them out. You may have up to five titles checked out at any given time. You may choose a loan period of seven or fourteen days.
4. When you are ready to check out you will need a valid library card handy so you can input the barcode. Click on Proceed to Checkout.
5. Select Libraries N-S from the list, then Orangeville Public Library from the following list. Enter your 14 digit barcode and click on Sign In. If your card has fines or fees on it, or messages, requires updating or has been declared lost you will not be able to log in. Contact the Library to determine the problem.
6. Choose your loan period and confirm that your device will be able to play the version you are downloading. Click on Confirm Download. This will open the OverDrive Media Console or Adobe Digital Editions. For audiobooks you can download all parts at once, or one at a time.
7. When the download process is complete, you can enjoy titles on your Windows or Mac computer or transfer to supported devices, like an MP3 player or an eReader. Many audio titles can be burned to CD to listen in the car.
There is a list of supported devices on the download website.
Click on the appropriate link for a PDF Help Guide with instructions on downloading eBooks to the specified eReader devices:
Find Out More...
To contact an Information Assistant, please phone, visit or email the Information Desk:
Phone: 519-941-0610, ext. 5201
- About the Library
- Books & More
- Hours & Locations
- Information Services
- Library Services
- Programs & Events